I am pleased with the opportunity to present for sale the most desirable USA-version of the Japanese icon, the NSX. 1 of only 51 produced. Sterling Sackey Cars has placed multiple NSX Zanardis, and none have had a more appealing badge number than this example.
While ultra-rare at only 51 total units produced, this NSX Zanardi is even more special as a result of its badge number: NSX Zanardi #00 was Honda's press car, #01 was given to championship Honda-team CART driver Alex Zanardi himself, and #02 was the first car sold to a customer!
Details are as follows:
2-owners from new, current owner for 15+ years.
31,750 miles from new.
Unmodified apart from sport exhaust.
No prior modification history.
The USA-specific NSX Zanardi is the only left-hand drive NSX that offered Honda's sport-tuned suspension & chassis settings, in this case equivalent to the 1997-spec Japanese-market Type S model. It is completely revised from a standard NSX, significantly stiffer, and much more focused on road or track. Changes from a standard USA-market 1999 NSX-T include:
- A fixed roof for significantly increased rigidity in the aluminum body.
- Significantly stiffened suspension settings.
- Spring rates 103% higher in front, 32% higher in rear, with shock & sway bar changes to suit.
- Overall height reduced by 0.4 inch.
- Front roll center height reduced by 0.6 inch, rear by 0.3 inch.
- Manual rack & pinion steering (replacing the standard NSX-T EPS power steering).
- Lightweight BBS wheels.
- A lightweight battery.
- Single-partition rear glass.
- A lightweight rear spoiler.
- Titanium shift knob (complimented by titanium look center console, instrument panel, and door trim).
- Aluminum mesh intake covers.
The resulting 149-lb weight reduction and track-ready feel was complimented by the Zanardi-specific interior you see here, offered on no other NSX model. Overall, the NSX Zanardi is the collector's choice and certain to only appreciate in value from here.
Please reach out for more information on this example, and feel free to submit an offer. Happy driving!